WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE IN 2019:
Nature. It is all around us. It is within us. We are nature. How far we want to go to discover life that exists around us and within us is a personal journey. An exploration worth taking for many. This journey is about relationship. Relationship goes well beyond that with another. All around us and within is an invisible web of interconnection that is cultivated far beneath the skin. And this interconnection is one we invite you to seek with us.
In every facet of life there’s a story to tell. Through these workshops we’ll explore our story of being human. Asking the questions: Where am I? Who am I? Where am I going? Through a series of workshops we examine the foundational principles of Rolfing and how they can help you understand your Yoga practice from a different perspective. My hope is that they will empower you to explore your own personal path of wellbeing and healing.
In each workshop you will:
- We will delve into anatomy and discuss relationships that occur within the body’s structure. With this information you will gain a new understanding of your own health through a different lens.
- Rolfing® as a practice is all about relationships. We will delve into a well-rounded approach into how we relate to our body. We will explore how language impacts our structure as well as our movement. All of these elements add valuable information in any movement practice, spiritual practice, and in life.
Engage in Experiential Anatomy & Physiology
- Learn bony structures, muscles and tissue structures as they relate to different parts of the body in creative ways.
- Learn about the nervous system and the power that it holds when it comes to how we move down to how we relate to our physical body.
- Explore fascia in a unique and fun way especially when it comes to your movement practice. Learn to see through a different lens and learn techniques that will guide you in ‘feeling’ more with your connective tissue. The web-like structure that surrounds and encapsulates every bone, nerve, artery, organ etc. in the body. Learn its magic.
Participate in an Embodied Movement Practice
- Let loose. Feel the freedom of movement. There’s many ways to move, and when we engage in various types of movement we allow ourselves to sense our bodies’ blind spots, and use movement as a way to deepen our understanding of ourselves.
- Beyond yoga, Pilates, running, Crossfit etc. there’s a world of movement that helps guide you into feeling your body more intrinsically. It’s a new world of understanding waiting to be discovered.
Practice Yoga from a new lens of understanding
- At the end of each workshop we will finish with a yoga practice where we include the information that you learned within each one.
- Feel your body in a new way within the yoga practice.
- We will bring attention to various aspects of the practice you may never have experienced before.
- Leave with new tips and tools to explore your body within your own movement practice, whatever that may be.
I invite you to join us for this unique offering. An offering that will be sure to stimulate all your senses with the intention to delve deeply into yourself and discover the magic of who you are. See you soon!
Workshop 1: BREATH
Allow us take you on a journey through the dynamic flow of breath. In this workshop Liz Terry will explore the anatomy and physiology between the relationship of breath and the body. How our breath connects us to spaces within in order to discover our bodies’ blind spots. Our breath is our constant from the day we are born, until the day we transition. It can be our greatest tool for embodiment and often our least focus whilst on a path of healing. Through movement, breathing exercises, and partner work you will walk away with new ideas and tools to take with you on your own path of healing. You will also take away unique ideas as to how to work with others as you support them through their own healing process. LENGTH: 3 hours
Workshop 2: FOUNDATION
Feet. Our foundation. The two bony structures at the base of our human form that carry and guide us throughout our lives. Literally. Join Liz Terry as we journey through three hours of exploring the feet and lower legs. How they relate to our physical structure as well as our personality. We’ll explore the subtle body & discover how our feet are often a window into our energy as well as how they connect to every other aspect of our body. When we bring attention to the feet, they can reveal to us our body’s blind spots. We will show you how. Through group work we will explore anatomy, movement patterns, muscle imbalances, yoga asanas specifically for the feet, and exercises to strengthen into the imbalances. LENGTH: 3 hours
Workshop 3: BALANCE
Gaining a better understanding of the functionality of our feet in the second workshop, we’re ready to explore the vast universe of balance and how creating balance in our lives opens us to abundance and endless possibilities. Once we understand our physical nature, and become more connected to our body through our feet, we explore the energetic and spiritual form of how balance shows up in our world. Join Liz Terry on a journey from the feet toward the crown of the head exploring all aspects of balance. We’ll examine eye patterning, lateral edges of our physical body, the subtle (or energetic) body & how it correlates with will power that connects with finding balance in our life…and so much more. LENGTH: 3 hours
Workshop 4: Pelvic Floor
The pelvic floor is an area of the body that more recently is being explored within the bodywork and movement communities. The pelvis is the support center between the superior (upper) and inferior (lower) aspects of the body. Understanding the importance of why it can be a destination for healing as well a place of detachment and discomfort is what Liz will delve into in this workshop. This fundamental area of the body is often misunderstood, and learning more about your own connection to your pelvic floor is what we aim to teach. LENGTH: 3 hours